Just about every one of our storage units are at least 8 feet tall, so you can stack your stuff to make the most efficient use of the storage space. Place the heavier, sturdier items at the bottom and stack the rest on top. (Ex. Totes or heavy boxes first) Do the legs come off the table? Mattress and couches can be tipped up on its end; Freezer, refrigerator, washer and dryers make excellent packing cartons for bedding, towels and clothing.
2. Hard to Reach:
Are there items you will need to reach frequently? Make sure to arrange items so you have a way to access your belongings at the back of your storage space also.(Ex. leave an aisle, or arrange furniture accordingly) Some larger units have doors on either side of the unit.
3. Label your boxes
It doesn't take long to forget what you put into the space, much less where in the space it is! Label your boxes/totes clearly and turn them out, so they are easily visible. Seal boxes completely with packing tape. This prevents dust accumulation inside. This does take extra time, but you will be happy you did when you are searching for that one thing. Always place valuables toward the back of the storage space just to be extra careful.
Do not store any type of FOOD , ( it can attract unwanted rodents). Do not store Fuel or Propane.(This puts yours and others belongings at risk)
1. Did you leave the unit clean? There shall be no items or garbage left behind. This will cause a deduction in your performance deposit.
2. Did you put your lock back in the door and drop your keys? Keys should be placed in an envelope with last name and unit # or identified some how. Then drop in the drop box. Gold mail slot at the North Units, and a Black mail slot at the South Units. YOUR KEY RETURN STOPS YOUR CONTRACT. If we do not receive your keys back your account will still be active and you are responsible for payment. The lost key fee is $25.
3. Did you leave a message, E-Mail or text letting us know you are done with the unit? It is important for us to know if you are moved out.
4. Did you make sure your billing information we have on file is correct? Deposits will be returned in the form of payment is was made with, we need current and correct addresses in order for the deposits to be credited accurately.
5. Questions about the move out process? Call, text or email us at any time and we can help. (507)-479-3737 or firstname.lastname@example.org